Friday, September 14, 2012

Frustrated with the findings of so many more professional articles that are relatively short, helpful but not in meeting with the needs of reading and reviewing actual research for my LIBR285 coursework. Though the search filtered to only include Peer Reviewed articles, the majority of the results are written by librarian professionals and are based upon actual experiences rather than any qualitative research. And the several articles that did refer to the actual research, were not as well defined, understandable and current as those provided for our class readings - and those don't support our groups theme: Libraries and Youth.

Gone back to EBSco...found 6 more relevant, yet again only 1 is research based. Grrr...however, I'm going back to all of my articles to start mining them from their list of resources to see if I can find more academic/research-based information. Fingers crossed!

On a more positive note, (for my LIBR284 coursework) beginning with a recent edition of Encyclopedia of American Immigration and their section on Irish Immigrants (pgs 582-587), I was able to glean enough basic information and a plethora of further reading. This will support my research to place my oral history project into more of a historical context and give me more of the specific language to use when conducting a project of this magnitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment